New pages focus on careers, student experiences
September 27, 2013
Check out some of the new pages:
Augustana College is beginning to roll out new web pages about its majors and academic departments with a heightened focus on internships, careers and student experiences.
Over the summer, a group of faculty and staff prioritized the kinds of information most-needed by prospective students and their parents, as well as current students and alumni. The departments primarily involved included Academic Affairs, Admissions, Web Services and Communication and Marketing.
The new pages:
• Have a horizontal navigation, allowing more width on the pages to better display images.
• Use tabs and panes to display related text blocks so that readers do not need to scroll through several pages.
• Feature department-related news and events more prominently.
• Are designed to be "responsive," so they will display well on various sizes of computer screens, tablets and phones.
• Leave more room for embedded videos about the major/department.
The college expects to finish the transition to the new pages by the end of October.
For more information, contact Leslie DuPree, director of Web Services and New Media.