Matt and Mindy McSparin Sports Business Internship Award
A generous stipend will provide support for an unpaid (or monthly stipend of $500 or less) internship for an aspiring student of any major to explore the sports business industry as a future career. This award is coordinated by the Career Development Office in conjunction with the Dean of the College. The recipient must provide information and written documentation about the internship and career progress to Matt and Mindy McSparin and to the committee that evaluates the applications. A sports business internship placement must be secured within the USA in order to qualify for this award.
- Overall GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Junior standing or above (60+ credits) at the start of the internship; enrolled full-time during fall, winter, and spring terms
- Unpaid (or very low pay) internship in a professional, collegiate or amateur sports organization (not high school); sports event management or marketing or related field; sports management, sports agent, sports marketing agency or related field
- 0-9 academic credits with supervision by Augustana faculty or staff - the intern must be registered for a minimum of 0 credits
How do I apply?
- Submit a letter of application containing the answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to be considered for this award?
- Why did you select your major?
- How does your major relate to the sports business field?
- Discuss your accomplishments and activities.
- Do you have any financial challenges?
- What experience do you have in the sports business field?
- Attach a current unofficial transcript and résumé
- Include one formal letter of recommendation from Augustana faculty or staff member
- Applications due on Monday at 4:00 pm of week 9 of spring term
- Download application
Please contact Karen M. Petersen, Director of Employer Relations and Internships, for more information.