The Learning Commons is on the fourth floor of The Gerber Center. It's a centralized location for all academic support needs. Whether you need help editing your research paper, searching for a Spanish tutor, improving your study skills or developing English language skills, we're here to help!
The Learning Commons includes:
• The Reading/Writing Center for advice on written work and help with course readings
• Tutoring services for help with departmental course content
• Study skills workshops and one-on-one coaching for time management, stress management, test-taking success, and more
• Support for ESL students and non-native speakers of English
• Academic accommodations for students with disabilities or learning differences
To make an appointment or see if someone can help you right away, stop by the Learning Commons, or call 309-794-8016, or email Yen Dao, Learning Commons coordinator of student success services.
Learning Styles, April 11
Learning Commons tutor leaders will offer "Metacognition at Its Finest" from 6-7 p.m. April 11 in Olin 109.
"How Do We Engage Opinions We Don't Agree With?" April 18
The Learning Commons, the Office of Multicultural Student Life, and CORE will present "How Do We Engage Opinions We Don't Agree With?" at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 18, in the Gerber Center, Gävle Room 1.
"Got Stress? Find the Best Way to Manage It," April 25
The Learning Commons and Counseling Services will offer "Got Stress? Find the Best Way to Manage It" at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 25. The workshop will be held at the Reading/Writing Center.